Friday, February 3, 2017

Yet another Daines email

My unworthy GOP senator, Steve Daines, sent out an email today wanting us to support splitting up the 9th and 12th Federal Court of Appeals, apparently to get a mix that would rule more in favor of trumps unconstitutional executive orders. He says the Federal Courts are 'broken', as they've stayed the immigration directives.

My reply:

Senator Daines (or staffer or intern)
Broken? I'll tell you what's broken: the integrity of the GOP. Following a lunatic president down a dead end alley that leads to the loss of what are our real American Values.  Your party is so far even from that of the Reagan era, let alone the Party of Lincoln. Were Abe alive today he'd weep at what you and your fellow party members have done, following the lunatic trump.

You don't represent me, or a significant percentage of Montanans.

Sorry, staffer or intern, but good lord, respect yourself and get a job with someone less onerous than this man.

Mike Mulligan
Butte, MT

PS....as always, this is going on my blog at http://memoirsofacardiopulmonaryguy.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. Good to see you fighting. More power to yer elbow!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Haven't heard that salutation or toast since in a pub up in a village east of Manchester.

      Delete
  2. I love your sentiment again! "Following a lunatic president down a dead end alley" is a line I may have to borrow! Thanks for that. And again your advice for the staffer or intern is spot on, and it makes me laugh! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Senator Daines ever sees any of your sentiments. Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine the scenario where he would, can you?

      Delete
  4. A standing ovation to you! I hope the staffers or interns or whoever read your message got their hats and coats and walked out of that office immediately - maybe all they need is more encouragement to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that email. It is perfect. So many of them sold their souls on this deal. A lot of business owners, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great one Mike! What goes around comes around, and they will pay dearly.

    ReplyDelete