Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

I'm back. Well, not back as in home in  Montana, but back on this blog. I figure the Road Trip is over, though miles remain at some point when I do go home, but the actual trip is over.

New Year's day is fabulous here, 10:30 am and upper 70's. This is what I've been looking for, warm, blue sky, the beach


These were taken yesterday on a beach 5 minutes away, on a day equally beautiful.

Last night the dinner was duck, brined, smoked then baked. Wild rice, cooked by soaking in first water, then bringing to a boil, letting soak, then bringing to a boil in poultry broth, and soaking again. Fresh bread, and some excellent Italian vegetable dishes. This was supplemented by L. making mimosa's, fresh oranges of course.

Today, a day of rest, will feature a walk on Redondo Beach, and calamari for dinner. And leftover dessert from last night: a zuppa inglese.

Hope all and sundry are having an equally good day, and I wish all of you the best new year possible.
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Sounds grand, Mike.

    Have never had a mimosa. Will have to add that to my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. Your zuppa inglese. WANT. Of course, I don't know if there's enough lactaid in the whole of Western Washington for me to actually EAT it, but a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete