Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Once a month I go to Walmart, nevermind why. Today I noticed in the meat section a nice boned half shoulder of lamb. There were also some green beans in the veg section. I have garlic at home, some thai chilies, paprika in plenty, and on.

I simmered the lamb and garlic, with paprika, soy (which I had to beg from the Woman Across the Street), I simmered it for three hours. Then went in the green beans, another hour ensued.





It was excellent, the lamb flavor, which I love, the garlic infusing everything.

Oh, when I was off begging for soy, the benefactor also had a piece of flan she had made. It is dessert.
Man, I love neighbors.....




She caramelized sugar, put some apple slices in, and topped it. Holy lord......

Live in a small town. 



7 comments:

  1. Malwart? Seriously? You buy food there? Brave, brave man.

    XO
    WWW
    PS Yes, small towns are fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am limited as to where to shop here, I'm stuck with wally's world for a couple things.

      Delete
  2. You're a mean one, posting such succulent pictures. Especially flan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird thing is she's allergic to eggs...she didn't eat any of them, gave them all away.

      Delete
  3. As a vegetarian I don't envy you the lamb, but the flan looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now your have made me seriously hungry. That must have smelled so good while it was simmering.
    I go to Walmart for one reason only. They have a small RV section that carries items you can't find anywhere else, other than RV dealers or Camping world. Walmart carries those things at a much lower price. To be truthful, I feel some guilt for even buying those few items there.

    ReplyDelete