I read a comment recently that started me thinking.......actually it's something I've seen before, but I was surprised by the source.
So I thought about similar advice, in the same vein. The comment is somewhere in the 'advice' below.
1. You're being bullied in school.
Advise: Don't go to school.
Don't do what you are doing at school, it set's off someone.
Maybe they want money, carry a 5 dollar bill.
Ignore them, it'll go away.
2. My child is autistic, they get hit by the neighborhood kids because they stutter.
Advise: Keep them in the house.
Teach them how to keep their mouth shut
Ignore them, it'll go away
3. My child complains that someone on the bus stares at her, and makes rude comments about her skirt being short.
Advise: Tell her to wear ankle-length skirts
She shouldn't be wearing anything that shows any legs, make her wear pants.
Ignore it, it'll go away.
4. I'm with my child, she's 13, in a mall. We walk by somebody who say's "I'll tap that" to somebody next to him, indicating my girl, I walk over to him. I say "It's gonna get real western in here soon, pal."
Advise: I should have just smiled and nodded.
I should have turned to my girl and reprimanded her for provoking the gentleman
A gentle nudge with a shoe to the genital region would be sufficient.
5. A woman is being, quote, "Ogled", and when she, or someone else complained, it was said: "If she doesn't like being ogled she should wear a burka". End quote.......Ok.....
Advise: Wear a burka
Don't leave the house otherwise
Comment, suggesting it was in bad taste, and someone deletes your comments
Say it to one of my girls, and take your chances......
Actually, the last one has a lot of supporters. A lot, the Taliban, Al Queda, various Islamic militant groups, the Tea Party in their wildest dreams, most of the current GOP.
Y'know, I've thought about blogs a bit lately........there are some out there that propose various agendas, philosophies, and the one's that are interesting are the one's who have people, in the comments, who go 'wait a minute here....", "no, you're wrong...." and "oh for pete's sake......", not the one's who just validate what you say, and support you for reasons unclear. Those are boring.
It's like life, who liked 'yes' men around them, I like people who think for themselves, and speak their mind, truth to power. My wife wouldn't have it any other way, though she's been gone 20 years now.
We're about, in the next two months, to decide whether or not we're going to continue to have a democracy, or something else.
Let's decide wisely.