Sunday, October 10, 2021

Still Here

 I'm in Portland, staying with my son and wife and now 3 month old granddaughter. They have a nice 100 year old house on a densely-treed neighborhood that has had extensive remodeling over the years. 

Nell, the newest granddaughter, is growing like a zucchini in late summer, if that's a apt metaphor...she sits up mostly unaided, and is about the cutest damn thing I've seen. 


I may well be driving back to Montana soon, some things there need attending. But meanwhile, life here is good now that fall has arrived. 

Last night, Lizz, Nell's mom, made a fish dinner that was one of the best meals I've had in some time. 



Hope all are well. I'll try to post more often, but you know how that goes. I'm looking forward to the holidays, I'll be splitting them between Portland, Seattle and possibly Montana. 




14 comments:

  1. Lil' blue eyes has time for gramps, too.
    Glad to hear your territory has enlarged so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Joanne, gettin' around a bit more now. Hope you're doing ok.

      Delete
  2. Oh, man, that fish dinner looks great! Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious, Bruce. And the fish, bronzini, is pretty available, these two were frozen at Costo....

      Delete
  3. What a cutie! And ooh, that fish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is, isn't she...and Lizz (Henry's wife) is an amazing cook.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks AC. Enjoy your posts, even if I don't comment often. Glad you had a good thanksgiving.

      Delete
  5. I can see why Nell can melt your heart. Good to have back with a post.
    Be well, stay safe and travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom. Your posts have been right on recently (as always). Hope you have a good holiday down there in Cambria.

      Delete
  6. That fish dish looks delish but my family will not eat anything that is staring at them. That baby must give new meaning to life and I am so envious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just cut the head off before putting them on the table....The baby is great, my 3rd granddaughter (oldest is 22), and it's fun to watch this period of their development...the vocalizations, physical abilities. Yeah, lots of fun. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Expanding your territory Mr. Alpha. That's good. It will help your stay sharp. I' hoping for the same effect with my professor girlfriend...:) Ray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babies are great, especially as the grandparent. A zucchini in late summer is an apt description. That looks like the fish dinners my daughter and I ate when she lived in Senegal. :)

    ReplyDelete