Monday, February 29, 2016

It's somewhat mind-boggling

Excuse any typis, my R ring finger is stilk numb, so can't alkways tell what key it's ion,,,,,,




So, surprise surprise, the good Senator Daines, responded to one of my emails, remember the Planned Parenthood video one? The one where he referred to it as accurate, long after it had been proved manufactured from whole cloth, and the makers indited in federal court? That's the one.

I posted here the reply where I pointed out the proven falsehoods in the video, and chastised him for referring to it as accurate.

Then, nothing.....until the other day when this, reprinted in part and nothing lacking in terms of meaning, went:

"Thank you for contacting me to express your support for federal taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. I value your point of view and appreciate the opportunity to respond.


While you and I may disagree on the issue of abortion, I hope we can find common ground regarding federal taxpayer support for Planned Parenthood harvesting and selling organs from aborted babies. The recent revelations provided by videos of Planned Parenthood executives discussing the harvesting and selling of organs from babies they have aborted are disturbing and raise significant moral and ethical questions."
So, it's like if he just repeats a lie often enough I'll buy it????? What a tool!
So, there he is, the current Senator from Montana, Steve Daines. Prevaricator, willing to do anything to stay a Senator, and opposed to damn near everything I believe. 

16 comments:

  1. So...are you going to vote for him?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, comment of the month award goes to Martha.

      Delete
    2. No, he does not deign to vote for Daines.

      Delete
    3. Martha well knew that, Joanne. And not only would I not deign to vote for him, I would vote for Nixon if he was opposing.

      Delete
  2. The truth seems to be the biggest casualty of the 2016 election cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it, Stephen? Make one long for the days of a clear choice.....maybe '68

      Delete
  3. Not just a took, but a major tool!
    I guess if they repeat this garbage often enough, it will somehow work in their favor. Seriously, it makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Even better, their heads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sad to see we're passing this same shit on to our kids, eh, Pat?

      Delete
  4. I eventually gave up writing reasoned letters to politicians because I'd always get a prepared statement in the mail in response - along with a request for money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've stopped asking me for money when I sent pork chop bones back in the self-addressed, stamped envelope.

      Delete
  5. Susan and I are the same track. The sad fact is our local Tea Party legislator is a former student of mine...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pains of living long enough to see this eh? I feel it too, but hopefully it'll work out for our kids.

      Delete
  6. Well, I just heard Trump grow the Great Wall of China to 15000 miles... Yes, facts have been thrown out of the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least he's not running for president. Small consolation, I guess. What a tool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a vision today of the GOP convention arriving with none of the candidates having enough votes to get the nomination on the first ballot. After that everyone is free to vote for whomever. So since everyone hates Trump and Cruz and thinks Rubio is a Cub Scout, they unite behind Kasich, the only adult in the race. And he wins the nomination. 'Course, I'm still voting for Hillary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bruce, 'Fantasy of the Week' goes to you. Please don't squander the prestige.

    ReplyDelete