Monday, September 17, 2018

What are lipids and LDL/HDL anyway......

So keeping in mind I have another procedure scheduled in a couple weeks (they said we want to do it Monday, I said how about the 5th of next month, arguing and table pounding ensued), etc. Anyway, with this in mind, and how I'm striving for better health in my mid 70's, here's what I had for dinner:


But, if you should be worrying about the healthy low/mid 70 year old, rest assured I had something healthy to accompany the wonderful steak. I present.......................
Need it be said??

What steak meal is complete without mashed 'taters, and a bit of the juice from the iron skillet the steak was in the oven with for 14mins at 415f turn at 7 mins.....

Yours in torment of Cardiologists (few of which I thought the cardiopulmonary system....),  
Mike


16 comments:

  1. Bon Apetit' and happy health! Oh year, Cheers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd trade that steak for some mussels you can get easily, steamed over some white wine, garlic and butter, with a nice baguette.

      Delete
  2. I'd have that, too, with some asparagus on the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it needed a veg, but I figure with a roto-ruter coming up of the coronary vessels, might as well.

      Delete
  3. I had a steak last night, too. Needless to say, SWMBO is at the BRD's for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird, Bruce? 50 plus years ago we'd be telling friends we'd taken some great Owlsey acid the day before, or got hold of some thai sticks, now we're furtive about having a steak. Not how I imagined my twilight years, but there it is.

      Delete
  4. Eh, the spuds are worse than the steak. Enjoy, or what’s the point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? weird that potatoes pose more risk than prime steak. Back in the day, late 70's, I was a investigator on the aspirin and also the egg study, both famous for their time. The aspirin study has held up well over the decades, the egg has a lot more argument.

      Delete
    2. It’s all about what it becomes in your body. Anything else is Humours and voodoo.

      Delete
  5. You mean "taught" I think? LOL. Have the steak and potato. Life is so effin short and at 75 it owes us little.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Having issues with typing tonight...anyway, no, life owes us nothing. If you were a VN buddy like Pat the desert photographer, we'd just say "It's all gravy, every day." Meaning back then we'd be unsure about being there next day, and if we make it back to "the world", it's all extra on the plate.

      Delete
  6. Yeah, I'm not supposed to be drinking wine. Life goes by too quickly, I want to love the days I have.

    ReplyDelete