Thursday, October 30, 2014

Late Thursday errata

Just some things I have hanging around.

When I worked in Germany my secretary was a young woman, just completed university, looking for an opening in their version of graduate school. I talk to her a couple times a year, her english is good though she denies it. She was demanding, unusual in a secretary, precise, abrasive to those she considered less than competent, and just a hoot to observe.

Here she is with her current boyfriend, vacationing. She's just graduated from their medical school, easily as rigorous as ours.Meet Brigit.


I talked to my youngest, Emily tonight. She's going to a Halloween party tomorrow with her boyfriend Jeremy, said she'd send me a pic of her costume. Very unclear that I'll put it here, after the incident with her costume in the role in Cabaret, wherin I spoke sharply to two teen boys who were commenting on it...

Got our second Winter Warm Storm warning here of the year, it's damn near November and we've had one measurable snow. One. This may seem odd to some in warmer climes, but more often than not I have snow in my yard, not to leave till May, by this time. Tomorrow is halloween, and the kids panhandling for treats will be wearing light coats, if any.  Here's the article in today's local rag:




No need to create a Halloween costume that incorporates snow boots this year. Temperatures will approach record highs on Friday.
Butte is projected to hit a high of 63 degrees, just short of the all-time record of 66 degrees set in 2008. The entire month of October has been warmer than usual; so far the month’s average high temperature is 60.3 degrees.
In past years, a polar bear costume might have been a good choice. A record low of 11 degrees below zero was set in 2002, and a storm in 1973 dumped 12.8 inches of snow.

As I said, it's fall here. I was out to the Big Hole last week, fished for a bit but it was nippy, and my fingers got numb.






So, fight the good fight, vote correctly, and shrug off defeats.


7 comments:

  1. wow. 2000-some-odd words all to say, what? "I have no idea what a feminist is, but gosh darn it, I ain't one!" Or something. Honestly, my eyes glazed over about halfway through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a person who leads teams of special ops types, and is a jet pilot, and perhaps a secret agent has a lot of spare time, and the impulse to overwrought prose is just difficult to resist. We should give these people some slack, because of all the angst they must have, and danger lurks behind every shrub. The fig tree outside your house right now my have many foreign agents lurking, I'd have Drew check it before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Treat the kids tonight. More and more show up here each year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It appears Brigit has all her ducks in a row so to say, it looks like she will go far.

    We have had a dryer year than usual here, and just yesterday was in the mid 80's, hoping for any moisture soon.

    As for Halloween we used to have near 300 kids on that night drop by but since we have moved out into a rural area maybe 3 in the last 6 years, Cindy made up 3 candy bags this morning so maybe we will have some visitors tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Brigit. She sounds to be the type to make a wonderful doctor. You should know, eh?

    Let's hope the weather stays just right for the kids this evening. We never see trick or treaters anymore, but our street is sure to be filled with drunken college students much later this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo. Happy belated Halloween. Let me know if you want some candy. I have roughly 600 pounds. I was a little too prepared, per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted early. I fear for my state - there's a referendum up that is appallingly anti-choice.

    ReplyDelete