Thursday, November 10, 2016

Brave New World

Being a 4th gen Oregonion, I follow opinions and trends with my fellow natives. Here's the latest:

Oregon Secession Act
 Whereas the People of Oregon prize life, liberty, equality, and the pursuit of happiness as unalienable rights of a free people;
Whereas many other American States do not share those values as shown by their electoral outcomes, laws, and public policies; Whereas irreconcilable differences exist between Oregon and many other American States;
 Whereas the U.S. Congress no longer is capable of addressing issues important to Oregon and protecting the rights of free people;
Whereas the federal government has proved a poor steward and manager of public resources in Oregon;
Whereas governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed; Whereas in the course of human events, it sometimes becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands that have connected them with another; The People of Oregon therefore enact the following Oregon Secession Act:
 Section 1 The Governor and Legislature shall actively pursue Oregon’s peaceful secession from the United State of America. They shall seek secession alone or in conjunction with other states and Canadian provinces that seek to form a new nation, including but not limited to California, Washington, Hawaii, Nevada, Alaska and British Columbia.

it goes on at considerable length......

Etc, etc. The boundaries are not clear yet, but it might look like this:


Or this:

And maybe this'll be the flag:


It's all up in the air at the moment, but I'll have go back to see, as a 4th gen, that all is in order. 

I'll put in a good word for you, well most of you, when you apply for visas. 

Cheers,
Mike
Oh, and from my friend Bruce:








25 comments:

  1. Looks like Florida on both ends and USA in the middle. Similar to Ohio. You know, round on both ends and hi in the middle. As we should be, right about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I don't live in Ohio. I spent many weeks in Toledo, and it's an unfortunate state.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Guess it's been quite the couple nights in Portland since the election.

      Delete
  3. I think California must be in there. Traditional Cascadia includes only northern CA but we can broaden that. I'm in. Since I think we might be seeing the end of our republic, this isn't looking like the most unlikely scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read below, got that covered with Tom and Geo. The Willamette Valley wines are ok, but can't compare with the CA reds...

      Delete
  4. Would my property be allowed to join in? My plot is roughly 45'wide by 105'long. Not much land, to be sure, but I'd like to belong to a nation such as you have described.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Now, was that called for?

      Reminds me of my favorite Donner Party routine. Mr. Johnson is doing po'ly, and Doc Pritchart oversees his demise, and comes to Mrs. Johnson, and says...pausing..."Mrs. Johnson, I'm afraid your husband is gone."

      Mrs. Johnson gasps. "All gone?"

      Delete
  6. As a citizen of the California central coast I petition on behalf of the California Republic to join the secession talks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to want some concessions, perhaps in the form of some big Zins or Cabs, but sure, we can work it out.

      Delete
  7. I dunno, Mike. That big blue Cascadia (1st map) looks to be all coniferous forest. Not sure we could get proper economy out of it. You need the garden basket further down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it need to go to around Santa Maria, for you know, the wine....

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to visit, possibly seek asylum. Love the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking at west, but not Oregon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The island, yeh. If it looks worse, then further.

      Delete
    2. The island, yeh. If it looks worse, then further.

      Delete
    3. Two other places I'd check out were I your age: Portugal, specifically Lisboa, and the island of Sardinia, off the south of Italy.

      Delete
    4. Tried to comment on Robbins blog...could not I am afraid?....
      Mike , did you get my mess re Jon?

      Delete
  10. The Pooh cartoon came from a friend in Raleigh, North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Via my daughter Emily it's spread throughout Seattle and beyond. It's a good thing for the world it's not 1915, because she'd be with the IWW, priming explosives.

      Delete