Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Back, slowly

I'm back, sort of. Not home in Montana yet, but on my way, with fortune I'll be home tomorrow.

Sunday at Heathrow it looked like this:


When my plane came in from Lisbon I couldn't see the tarmac until we'd actually hit it with the wheels. No idea how the pilot did it, magic I suppose. There was supposedly a 2 hour interval between my scheduled flights, it turned out to be a 24 hour interval. The hotel restaurant had a pleasantly good menu, and my qualms about Britain's food was this time incorrect. The steak and kidney pie was excellent, and the Guinness went down smoothly. 

Then yesterday, the 380 did lift off (damn thing actually flies), and we motored across the North Atlantic, Greenland, down through Northern Canada and finally slid in smoothly here. 


I'm home tomorrow, will organize the photo's I have and start to present them. Perhaps the one missing bag will indeed show up tonight as British Airlines has promised. 

Cheers


12 comments:

  1. Hi Mike!
    I see you arranged for private quarters on your flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First class! That is the way to enjoy a long trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Business class, not first, but better than the bleating herd in back.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The only, I repeat only, thing better it about than cattle class is legroom, and the alcohol.....

      Delete
  4. Did you shower on the plane? Nice private quarters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't gotten to that stage yet Bruce, but I'm eyeing the brass ring.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back. Will look forward to your photos and stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh....a requirement by the airline......

    ReplyDelete