Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday Lasagna

The oldest is off until tomorrow evening, and grandpa has the watch. Two teenagers, one 5 year old kindergartner. What could happen, right? One of his duties is dinner, what to do, what to do....Lasagna....haven't made it in years, but what the hell, it's like a bike right? I got some ground beef, italian sausage, onion, garlic, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and started out. Poor Morgan, he does the dishes after dinner, and this one is a lot of prep.


An hour and 15 minutes later....


Still in the oven, but looks ok. Maybe memory muscle won out. We'll see what the East German judges say.  

Oh, and just heard a great quote from a UCLA polysci prof regarding the Trump vs. Fox kerfuffle..."It's an unprecedented race to the bottom." 
Says it all. 

13 comments:

  1. Mike, that is un magnifico lasagna! Well done, fellow Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But for the fact I'm a vegetarian it looks wonderful. Lasagna is good with spinach as a filler too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read a recipe that includes eggplant and frozen peas.
    I'll stick to the meat, tomatoes and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had pizza with asparagus and goat cheese, sounds dreadful but was quite good. However, I'll stick with tradition for my lasagna.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The teenagers grunted as they hoovered seconds, if that's any indication.....but they'd probably scarf cold beans if they were hungry enough.

      Delete
  5. Looks good, now I wonder what's for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopped at a local ramen joint after getting back from picking my truck up, it was quite good.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely perfect quote. And apparently perfect lasagna, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have officially made me hungry.
    I think that race to bottom will end up in a dead heat.

    ReplyDelete