Monday, November 5, 2018

Lookin' for sleep in all the wrong places.

Last week, a 900 pound plus grizzly decided to spend the winter in a heated garage near Valier, a town north of here a bit. The owner noticed the bear (how does one not notice a 900 pound bear napping near the truck) and called fish and game. They tried to 'haze' whatever that means, the bear into leaving. No deal, it just apparently pulled the pads he was sleeping on over his head. Finally they tranquilized it and transported it to Glacier Park.


14 comments:

  1. As a kid, I was a heavy sleeper. My parents had to do that with me sometimes. Hopefully Bear will also find a more rewarding life outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I did not need that garage I might have given it over to the bear. So sad that his habitat has gotten smaller and smaller. Where was this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North/central Montana, around 100 miles from here.

      Delete
  3. I guess they wanted to use their garage, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably worried the bear would wake up and steal their car, heading for SoCal.

      Delete
  4. I worry so about habitats, we've wiped out 60% of the animal population and I see animal and sea-mammal confusion. We now have birds here on the North Atlantic that have never been seen before. Completely off course. Heartbreaking.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been observed that the bears hibernate later in the year and wake up earlier in the Spring.

      Delete
  5. I guess I'll just have to bear with it, these items of the "wonders" of Montana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He who would pun would pick a pocket.....somebody said that.

      Delete
  6. Glad they upgraded him to a better accommodation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, not sure this particular behemoth saw it that way....warm garage or ice cave for the winter, let's see.....

      Delete
  7. Again, just wow. I can't even imagine finding a bear in my garage.

    ReplyDelete