Monday, January 21, 2019

From Blue to Red

No, not politics, silly. I continue to improve, it's a learning process on my part as I was never a endocrine guy.

My peaks and valley ratio is continuing to shrink as I figure out my intake and output ratio, the diuretic dosage, the diet aspect, etc. I feel markedly better than a week ago, starting to exercise, etc. Alas, there have been some permanent changes I need to make, no longer can I enjoy my evening glass of IPA, but it's a small thing. I have faith in my diagnostic acumen, even if I have some Doubting Thomas's (my cardio guy).

I'll be in Seattle the majority of the winter I believe. I'm hoping to get in one last summer in Butte, but a move is in the future.

Hope all of you are well, and thanks again for your moral support. It was very helpful.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, a hearty second to Arleen. No glass to raise; hops are a lousy vegetable anyway. Endo's are wise, wise people, and pick one considerably younger, so she outlives you. xxoo-Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those fine looking young orthos put me back on my feet and throwing a shuttle. Just saying...

      Delete
  2. Getting the balance right takes time. Seattle has more air than Butte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike-glad you are trending in the right direction. Sorry about the loss of your IPA-no even a shot glass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, as shot would be fine, it's the carbs in the IPA.

      Delete
  4. Yes, the improvement is good news. I hope you do get at least one more summer on the trout streams in the Montana mountains though I would caution you to avoid it in the winter. Does N/A beer have to be off the diet, too? St. Pauli Girl has one I like and SWMBO likes Clausthaler's version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, it's the carbs in the beer with the ETOH that is hard on my kidneys. Hope you're well, Bruce.

      Delete
  5. You've chosen a goo place to winter and maybe live permanently.
    All the best with you health issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the IPA - I sympathize since I've had to cut waaaay back myself. But so glad you continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete