Thursday, August 18, 2016

It's so sad, how this current presidential race has become so funny and so sad.

I suspect all have become aware of the 'ahem' statues of Trump in 5 cities around the US, notably in the Castro of San Francisco.

Life size, I fear they are alarming accurate.  That's just a hunch on my part, based on nearly 48 years of medical practice.

I will spare you one of the hundreds of pictures circulating out there of the statues.  Here's a link, one of many:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/disturbing-statue-nude-donald-trump-pops-union-square-article-1.2756617

Now, to the point, the response of the NY Parks and Recreation......to the effect of "We oppose the erection of any statue on park grounds, no matter how small."

I'm guessing there are a couple occasional readers out there are voting for Trump.   Here's your guy, in all his glory.

I can't wait for the response from the Trumpities.



10 comments:

  1. Yet another link:

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/disturbing-statue-nude-donald-trump-pops-union-square-article-1.2756617

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear nausea might overtake me. But poking fun at the psychopath may ensure his defeat, no?
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. A United States Presidential election. Perhaps we deserve this low-end level we have reached. Our reach does not exceed our grasp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to see any of our candidates without a fig leaf or three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 19th century political cartoon, in the plaster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blech. What a nauseating sight first thing in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I always knew he was compensating for something, but I just thought it was his lack of intellect and good breeding. Guess I should add the statues to my rationale for his abominable behavior - can't justify it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless the New York bureacracy for their sense of humor, even if they did haul the offending "art work" away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This might surprise you, but I am troubled by those statues. Not because they might be an accurate representation, but because I think they cross a line. What if it had been a naked caricature of Hillary? There's plenty to mock about Trump without the need for making a naked statue.

    ReplyDelete