Monday, December 3, 2018

Lunch today

Butte is a fine place to live in many respects, but good restaurants ain't one of them. Good cheeseburgers, 'bout it. But, while I'm in the Seattle area, I can find any ethnic food I want.  Today is a unprepossessing place in a small mall, King Noodle House. I had the seafood noodle soup, and it was amazing. I watched the cook(s) pulling the noodles in a few minutes was presented with this:


It had a more than sufficient amount of seafood, including some hidden mussels,  plump and not overcooked. And the price? 9 bucks. 

14 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've had Chinese food in many places and countries. Don't know if this really lived up to be a 'genuine' Chinese dish, but was really great.

      Delete
  3. Oh, you do like to make me suffer, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one of the perks, Bruce, just one of the perks.

      Delete
  4. Right now I am envisioning my first bowl of pho on the ground in Vietnam, the luscious steam enveloping my senses and the warm broth inviting me in for more.
    My grandson's post from Vietnam recently. Actually, from the plane after 23 hours in the air. You can see how my mind intersected all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgot or didn't know you went to Vietnam. I was asked to go back in around 88, declined.

      Delete
  5. That is a fine looking dish! Those shrimp look succulent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the seafood, even the mussels, were perfect; tender and plump, not overcooked.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Indeed. There are places that sell similar for twice that and not as good.

      Delete