Thursday, December 17, 2015

Colder, perhaps more snow, and a repost eggnog recipe


A little nippy this morning, not bad. The truck started without complaint and was warmed up in less than 10 minutes. The streets are snow covered, most are not plowed. Butte folk are used to this, we're just an early experiment to see how well we'll fare under the Trump Regime. 

A cartoon that I thought appropriate: 

I usually think Horsey is right on the money, and this is right there. I watched him develop in Seattle, then move on to the national scene.

A very, very perverse part of my personality would like to see him actually elected. President Trump. Really. For Real. That part of my less than nice personality would sit back and say "here he is, america. Do enjoy." 
Let's see how 1935-45 Germany plays out here. Muslims are the new Jews, whoever else he doesn't like are the new Poles, Roma, etc.... 
Maybe your town can make a bundle....advertise: "We'll build concentration camps for them illegal banned people. Arm tattoos of numbers no extra cost."

Ahem...back
A recipe someone recently asked about, for eggnog. 


The recipe:
Ingredients
12 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 qt heavy cream
1 qt whole milk
1 fifth Old Crow
1/2 pt dark rum
nutmeg

Methodology
Separate the eggs, yolks in a large bowl, whites into a smaller one.
Combine the sugar and yolks, beat until light yellow and sugar is in solution.
Whip the cream until fairly stiff.
Whip the egg whites until stiff.
Add the milk to the yolk/sugar mixture.
Add the alcohol to the yolk/sugar/milk mix
Fold in the whipped cream.
Fold in the stiff egg whites.
Sprinkle nutmeg on top.

Take away car keys and missile launch codes, and serve.

Note: This recipe can be halved and even made sans ETOH, if appropriate.

Cheers,
Mike



11 comments:

  1. Even Putin is toying with "The Don."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's a little nippy for the middle of December.

    I share a perverse desire to see America get what it deserves by a Donald Trump presidency. Today's story that Putin likes Donald may remove that possibility, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's not bad for here. I've seen minus 25 in October here.
      No idea how to evaluate Trump's chances, let alone the influence Putin might have.

      Delete
  3. That's quite a perverse desire. Obstinate, wrongheaded and all the rest. I assume it's because you are old men, but I cannot believe you would be so cavalier about leaving INTENDED consequences to your children. You'll come round after the eggnog punch, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who you callin' old????
      Hey, correct Joanne. Doubt my girls would tolerate this attitude on my part, surprised the post has lasted this long.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of egg nog but your recipe and The Almighty Google taught me something. ETOH = ethyl alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup. this one does not have the cloying sweetness of standard eggnog.

      Delete
  5. You say very perverse, but I'd call it grotesque...

    We get a two day warm up before a seven day snow cycle. I'm forwarding your eggnog recipe to Sabina to keep her out of my good whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. remind her not to forget the rum, it's crucial to the taste.

      Delete
  6. I really worry that he WILL be elected.

    I'm not an egg nog fan (too rich) so I just buy it ready-made for my son. But I will be making mulled wine again this year.

    ReplyDelete