Tuesday, December 29, 2015

It just won't stop.....

I often wake at 4am, visit the WC several feet away, idly look out through the front room window 35 feet away, and go back to bed. This morning I dimly saw the truck, and wondered about what seemed to be nearly a foot of snow on it. 'Cause you see, the previous afternoon I had broomed it off and driven it to the store. This was after shoveling several inches off the walk. So, there couldn't be more. I went back to bed.

Indeed, it had snowed again. We're now at around 110% of normal for snowpack, on the heels of a month ago, we were at 40%. So it's snowed. Every effing day, it seems, for the last couple weeks. I drove out to the river nearing dusk.


I stopped around 4 to take this picture, it was starting to snow again. The light closed in around me as I got back to town. The days are getting longer I tell myself.  The clouds are supposed to clear away, and the temp will drop. Below zero tonight. 


20 comments:

  1. Sounds delightful! I miss the struggle to survive winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon up for a quick refresher....it's supposed to get up to 5 today, you can go run errands for me.

      Delete
  2. Actually, the snow looks quite nice--in Montana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happily send a foot or so your way, Joanne. Happy new year.

      Delete
  3. Might be a long winter there, even though it is picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we'll see....usually have our last snow in June, so time will tell.

      Delete
  4. Gotta be good after the years of Western drought, he says with an aching back from shoveling our Minnesota "snowpack.":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in the space of a week we went to 40% of average to over 110%.

      Delete
  5. Our snowpack is also above normal. It snowed a couple feet collectively last week, but this week has been fairly dry. It's cold, though, we haven't gotten out of the twenties in days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't seen the good side of 15 for a couple days either. Happy new year, Robbie.

      Delete
  6. It's been warmer than usual in Ohio (not that we've BEEN in Ohio very much this month). I'm sure we'll get our snow eventually, and I will be very glad that I can work from home on those days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks nice, people say, but it gets monotomous when it snows day after day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For all the work it brings, it certainly brings a pristine beauty. Cleans up the scenery nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all the detritus of civilization is covered up until May.

      Delete
  9. Happy New year old bean , hoping 2016 will be a cracker xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freezing rain tonight, but no snow, yet.

    ReplyDelete